CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trick or Treat

Even though I love Halloween, I have been a really loser the past few years and have not really gotten into the Halloween spirit. I didn't even carve a pumpkin the past two years. (Don't worry, we did have a pumpkin out each year, thanks to Greg - He is the master of pumpkin carving! or at least he thinks so) This year, I decided that I would dive into the festivities so Michael would enjoy it and start those fun traditions that you remember forever.

Here are some pictures of our pumpkins! Greg carved his and Michael's, I carved my own. Unlike Liberty, I insist that someone else gut the pumpkin and I just do the carving. Luckily, Greg agreed to clean mine out (after much complaining from me!)
Greg's, Ashlee's, and Michael's
(Greg carved Michael's, but I designed it!)



I guess the nice thing about Michael being two is that I still get to decide what he will be for Halloween. I am not looking forward to the days where he comes up with an idea for a costume and I have to figure out how to pull it off. I am not very creative and I'm jealous of those that are (like Liberty's eyeball and mosquito costumes for Jos!) Anyway, he went as a little monkey. He was so cute and didn't mind wearing the hat/hood all night. Michael enjoyed trick or treating, but he was a little confused. He would knock on the door and when they opened the door, Michael tried to go in the house every time! :) I guess he thought, "Hey they are opening the door for me, aren't they?"


Trick or Treat


Back with all of the loot!


Helping himself to a little more candy!


His daycare didn't have a Halloween parade this year, which was disappointing. I guess parents couldn't follow the rules and leave masks and swords at home (what parent would think it was okay to bring toy swords to a daycare! They should have to be locked in a room with 10 3 year-olds running around with swords! That would be a nightmare!) So, I guess I can't blame the daycare for not wanting to submit themselves to that. Instead they had a pajama party. The kids were invited to wear their PJ's to school. It was so cute to see all of the kids in their PJ's. You just wanted to give all of them a squeeze! They also made the cutest little bat hats. Michael loves to wear his!

Michael ready for school in his Halloween PJ's






His Bat hat

Even though he is rubbing his eyes, I liked this picture because you can really see his hat.


Now on to Thanksgiving and Christmas! Yahoo!

2 comments:

Grammy

Good job Ash!! I especially love the bat hat. He is so darn cute!!!

Alabama Apples

I love his darling costume!!! He was so adorable and his rosy, round cheeks fit the outfit to a "T". What a cutie!

I can't get over how adorable he is. I just want to squeeze and kiss him! The bat hat was cute. I should do more crafts like that with my beasties. Your pumpkins were fabulous. Seriously, they were perfect! I feel jealousy of those who can wield a knife welling up in me...down you green monster!!! ;)

Hooray for upcoming ultrasound and Thanksgiving. It will be fun to see and play with little Michael in person. Love you all!!